Last Updated: May 31st 2019
2. Collection of Information.
When registering for the Services, we may require you to provide certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, contact information, gender, date of birth, username and password. When using the Services, you may also voluntarily provide us with personally identifiable information, such as information regarding your medical insurance provider and plan. This information is referred to below as your “Personal Contact Information.”
When purchasing the Services, we will require you to provide financial and billing information, such as billing name and address, and credit card number (“Billing Information”). Your Personal Contact Information and your Billing Information, together with any other information we gather through the Services that may be used to identify, contact, or locate you individually, are collectively referred to herein as your “Personal Information.”
Data, Diagnostic & Login Information
You may be able to create, upload, publish, transmit, distribute, display, store or share information, data, text, graphics, video, messages or other materials using our Services (this is collectively referred to below as “Data”). Some of this Data may be stored and maintained on our servers. If you run into technical errors in the course of using the Services, we may request your permission to obtain a crash report along with certain logging information from your system documenting the error (“Diagnostic Information”). Such information may contain information regarding your Operating System version, hardware, browser version (and .NET version information in case of Windows systems), and your email address, if provided. Additionally, certain login information may be maintained in a cookie stored locally on your personal computing device (i.e. not on a server) in order to streamline the login process (“Login Information”).
Usage and Analytics Information
As you use our Services, we may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies, log files, and Web beacons. Such Information may include standard information regarding your mobile device, browser type, browser language, Operating System, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on our web site (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked) or while using the Services. Collectively, this information is referred to as “Usage and Analytics Information.”
We do not use GPS technology to collect any information regarding your precise real-time geo-location while using the Services. However, we may use elements of your Usage and Analytics Information (such as your IP address) to determine your generalized location. This information is referred to as “Generalized Geo-Location Information.”
3. Use of Information. We use the information we collect in the following ways:
Personal Contact Information
We use this information to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or request feedback, for identification and authentication purposes, for service improvement, and to address issues like malicious use of the Services. We may also use Personal Contact Information for limited marketing purposes, namely, to contact you to further discuss your interest in the Services, and to send you information about us or our partners.
We use Billing Information to manage your account, to provide the Services, and to check the financial qualifications of prospective customers and to collect payment for the Services. We may use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. If we do so, such a service provider will not be permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
We use this information for the purpose of administering and improving our Services to you. To the extent that such information consists of your electronic health records (“Electronic Health Records”), we will also limit our usage of your Data pursuant to the terms of our section below titled “HIPAA Notice.”
Diagnostic Information and Login Information
We use this information for the purpose of administering and improving our Services to you. We may also use this information in a de-identified, anonymous way in conjunction with an analytics service such as Google Analytics to monitor and analyze use of the Services, for the Services’ technical administration, and to increase the Services’ functionality and user-friendliness
Usage and Analytics Information
We may use your Usage and Analytics Information in a de-identified, anonymous way in conjunction with an analytics service such as Google Analytics to monitor and analyze use of the Services, for the Services’ technical administration, to increase the Services’ functionality and user-friendliness, and to verify users have the authorization needed for the Services to process their requests.
Generalized Geo-Location Information
We may use this information for the purpose of administering and improving our Services to you, such as by providing you with relevant advertisements and promotions. We may also use your Geo-Location Information in an anonymized manner in conjunction with an analytics service such as Google Analytics to monitor and analyze use of the Services, for the Services’ technical administration, and to increase the Services’ functionality and user-friendliness.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us provide and/or improve the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information or registered member information solely for the purpose of helping us to provide and/or improve the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our users for any other purpose. Such agents or third parties do not have any rights to use Personal Information beyond what is absolutely necessary to assist us.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
5. Non-US Users. These Services are hosted in the United States and are intended primarily for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you may be transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. By providing your Personal Information through the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
6. Security. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your password, and safeguard your user name, password and personal credentials when you are using the Services, so that other people will not have access to your Personal Information. Furthermore, you are responsible for maintaining the security of any personal computing device on which you utilize the Services.
10. Access and Accuracy. You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information, although in certain limited circumstances we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: [email protected].
11. HIPAA Notice. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) is made up of a set of regulatory standards governing the security, privacy, and integrity of sensitive health care data, called protected health information. HIPAA applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA and their service providers. Please note that even though we are not a health care provider, and are therefore not an entity that is covered by HIPAA, we have implemented a full compliance program, adhering to the necessary regulatory standards outlined in the HIPAA Privacy Rule, HIPAA Security Rule, HIPAA Breach Notification Rule, HIPAA Omnibus Rule, PCI, and HITECH. These standards have been heavily vetted against the letter of the law and meet federal NIST requirements. We are proud to announce that our compliance has been verified by the HIPAA subject matter experts and Compliance Coaches at Compliancy Group (the largest and most authoritative HIPAA compliance training and software provider in the United States), and they have issued us their HIPAA Seal of Compliance®. The HIPAA Seal of Compliance Verification is a powerful third-party compliance verification standard, issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program as outlined by federal HIPAA regulation.
12. Contact Us. You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of email address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, if you find any errors in our information about you, or if you have a complaint concerning our compliance with applicable privacy laws, please contact us at
or by mail at:
myElth Inc. 3240 Maguire Way, Suite 414, Dublin, CA - 94568